NOTICE: This page is for historical purposes. Please contact Samantha directly at 646 644 4300.
An Easy Guide to a Picture Perfect Smile
Simple Whitening Solution with Listerine® Whitening™ Pre-Brush Rinse
Whether you are being photographed, filmed or even in your daily life, your smile is a very important asset to your image. Samantha von Sperling, Director of Polished Social Image Consultants, and Jon Moe, Elite Model and NYC Photographer share their secrets to look your best for life’s “picture perfect” moments.
Tips for Looking “Picture Perfect”
- If lips are very chapped, try exfoliating. Mix a teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of sugar into a paste, and massage gently on the lips with fingertips. Avoid teeth!
- To prevent aging, make certain any lip moistening product (lip balm, lipstick, or lip gloss) contains an SPF for the daytime.
- Use Listerine® Whitening™ Pre-Brush Rinse twice a day for 60 seconds before brushing to help keep your teeth white and clean.
- If you’re at a dinner and someone snaps spontaneous pictures, make positive food/beverage choices that won’t stain your teeth over time:
• Grapefruit juice
• Ginger ale
• Chamomile tea
• White wine
• Olive oil
• White meat
- Avoid overly shiny clothing as this can detract from your face and smile.
- No horizontal stripes. No thin stripes (too busy).
- Looking good in photographs has a lot to do with confidence. If you feel confident, it will help you to look your best for a beautiful picture.
- Look the photographer in the eye and take a combination of horizontal and vertical shots.
- Lean slightly toward the camera. Leaning slightly toward the camera adds interest, dimension, and a natural look to a photo.
- Learn how to change your state. Changing state means instead of looking like you were caught off guard, you look natural and like you are enjoying yourself.
- Learn to smile 3/4 of the way. People don’t like pictures of themselves with huge smiles. Smiling too big exposes gums and causes your eyes to turn into slits.
- Think happy thoughts when smiling for the camera; a genuine smile always looks better.
New Survey Finds That Bright, Clean Teeth are the #1 Factor That Contribute to Consumers Feeling Good About Their Appearance.
Listerine® Whitening™ Pre-Brush Rinse Offers Easy Solution for 90% of Consumers Who Care About Having the Perfect Smile
Thursday September 14, 6:00 am ET
Source: © 2006 Pfizer
Think the clothes make the man and a good hair day is all women want? Think again. It seems the smiles have it when it comes to a picture-perfect appearance that boosts confidence. A new survey shows that nine out of every ten consumers felt that the single factor that contributed most to their feeling good about their appearance on a daily basis was having bright, clean teeth, outranking skin, hair and clothes.
“Your mother was right, you never get a second chance to make a first impression,” says Samantha von Sperling, founder of Polished Social Image Consultants, a full-scale image consulting firm based in New York City. “Looking picture-perfect — being well-groomed, well dressed and having a bright, white smile — enhances confidence whether you’re going for a job interview or a night on the town.”
“Improving your image doesn’t have to be a messy, costly or time-consuming exercise,” says von Sperling. “It can be as easy as starting with a picture-perfect smile — but you’ll never know until you try it!”